Saturday, April 29, 2006

The Garden School Tattler

When the children opened their mouths to sing, Miss Judy was stunned. They were outstanding. Every song was as good as the next. You should see the party planned for Monday. The children nearly brought the house down - their voices loud and clear. They seemed to enjoy performing a lot.

It makes a big difference when they participate with heart. It make teachers feel as if we've done our jobs. My favorite song was the Canticle of the Sun - because they all knew all their lines and they stood so nicely and delivered with pitch and energy.

I was especially proud of the delivery of the psalm. Congrats to Jack who did an outstanding job.

Mr Ty was as clear as a bell. He remembered not only his lines, but Yuta's who has moved back to Japan. We miss him.

A big thanks to all the parents who brought snacks and who stayed to help clean up.

Today, Edith and I were over at school spring planning and cleaning. I am gutting my room and changing around a lot of things. We now have a brick patio and brick walls with bougainvillea and little black mice. I moved in two rather large banana trees that were graciously donated by Brian's grandparents.

I'm still in the market for a pair of chinchillas. The corner cage has been painted and cleaned and I'm looking for chinchilla homes. Not sure what I want.

Every room should be inviting. When I look at Edith's niche in the main room with its colorful rug and abacus and pretty things, I cringe. Kelly's room is bright and fun as well, so now my eyesore will finally bring merit.

Edith worked on the kitchen today to make it less cluttered and more child friendly. You will love her rabbits.

May is "Do you remember" month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so proud of Ty and all the other kids. They did a great job and sang so loud and strong. Thanks for all your hard work - your patience really shows.

Jen - Ty's mom