Sunday, July 30, 2006

Food Program Documents

There have been a few questions regarding the paperwork sent home on Friday. I feel it is my responsibility to explain how the program works because I am in charge of qualifying each family.

About a year ago we found out that we qualify for state assistance for food. We get reimbursed each month for groceries, paper products, meal service and some labor. The program also insures that we are providing adequate meals and sanitary meal preparation for your child. We receive state inspections and are monitored through Indianapolis. It's a fantastic program that provides plenty of opportunities for the school to save on food and milk expenses.

Two weeks ago I received a visit from our state inspector, and I didn't have the correct paperwork on each family. I kept my own personal records and apparently that's a big no no! We were told to get on the ball, and fast. The sponsor told me that each parent had to fill out their financial information and it had to be kept in a private file. This information is completely confidential.

Each income bracket qualifies. We still receive reimbursement for children in the highest income bracket. It isn't quite as much as the reduced and paid categories, but it is something.

I have done my research, and each center in Evansville that qualifies participates. I just enrolled my son Jack in public school, and I had to fill out the same paperwork. Miss Kelly and I will also fill out this paperwork for our children at the Garden School. It is an enormous help with the quality and the cost of food provided.

I understand that this is uncomfortable for parents. If you refuse to fill out the information, I will only request that you give a written reason that I can keep on file. This way I can at least show the inspector that I attempted to collect the appropriate information, and the school won't be sited.

It is not our intention to ostracize anyone. We love our parents. We appreciate your business and your friendship. We respect your privacy 100%! We are all very new at this! We are just trying to do what's best for the school. If you have any questions, I left my home number on the documents. Please feel free to call! We'll see you all on the 7th!!

regards,
Miss Molly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi this is Miss Jana. First off I hope you all are having a great
Vacation.
I miss the kids already!
I just wanted to let parents know that I was involved with the Food
Program
at another center in Evansville. I was involved with the paperwork for
several years. I want to say that it is such a great program for The
Garden
School. It not only benefits the school, but it really benefits your
child.
It assures that your child is eating healthy. The paperwork can be a
sensitive subject. It is just VERY important that it is on file for
EVERY
child. If one child does not have the paperwork on file The Garden
School
could lose a lot of money. None of us want that to happen. This program
is
for your child’s health and best interest. Please keep this in mind.
Thanks for your time,
Miss Jana