Wednesday, December 10, 2008

An Email from Katy

If you think kids are difficult, try this on. I received this as an email. Katy lives in a darling house with a big Siamese cat named Jasper.

Henry is the opossum that lives in the backyard and Jasper has learned that Henry is moody and does not like to be bothered. Jasper has also decided that after an evening outing in the freezing cold drizzle that regardless of what time it is, when he comes in it's time to go "nigh nights" and if I don't get up and start turning lights off and making my way to the bedroom so he can get a full 8 hours of sleep, he jumps up at me and sinks his teeth into whatever he can grab ahold of and pulls. It's 8:15 and he is ready to go to bed....and doesn't care that I'm not. Have you ever heard of a cat that actually sleeps through the entire night with the covers pulled up to his chin and his head on a pillow? He is in the bedroom right now....waiting and every so often he calls for me....and I have to respond or he runs into the living room and punishes me. It's like I'm reassuring him that I'll be in soon. How funny is that? My schedule is being kept by an apparently very tired cat.

Have you ever heard of a cat that has an agreement with a opossum and uses the backyard as a time share? I think he's being really generous however, we did have to have a conversation about taunting Bobby's dog....who apparently hates both opossums and cats. I tried to tell Jasper that "Princess", Bobby's dog, is just low class and that some dogs just have bad taste and that it's nothing he's done....but he just gets mad.

You know, every time I roll over and realize he's still sleeping next to me....I think about how just a few years ago he was living in a cage in a pound with cats he could barely stand and "going out" meant getting time in the bathroom with 10 other cats....and now he's living in a house with his own back yard, a opossum as a tenant, a dog to taunt, and his own side of the bed.

Who could ask for more?

No comments: