Monday, December 22, 2008

Monday's Tattler

Today is Monday and we are out of school. This is our rest time before the winter push to spring. Every year the calendar allows us a great racing start, then Holiday Session seems to take over with Halloween followed closely by the big Thanksgiving Play, and then it's push, push, push to Christmas. This is my only time off during the year, and that only means I don't teach. I am at school two hours every day to make sure the animals are fed and clean, that the jobs pushed off to "sometime" get done. Saturday I took down the tree and put some decorations away. Yesterday, I cleaned out all the storage from the Girl's bathroom, and today I have to clean animal pens and finish yesterday's work.

That's the business of owning a business. You have to be there to take care of things. But on the home front, I'm practicing yoga as often as I can, and I send all the book revisions off today.

I recall Friday with great joy. It was a wonderful day filled with children's delight. We went to the Nutcracker Suite and the children were so wonderfully behaved, it was a delight to watch them. They all really liked the ballet. I remember the faces of sheer wonder as the dancers performed, which they did wonderfully well. We went back to school to pizza and fruit, and the played outside for at least an hour. Then we sang for Santa until he came and delivered all the gifts. The party was wonderful, and if Isaac is reading, I want to thank him especially for his wonderful gift.

I am always surprised by the generosity of parents when it comes to the treats brought to school for our parties. The spread was wonderful and the kids seemed to enjoy it so much.

This Christmas we were able to supply Christmas for a very ill family, do an incredible fund raiser, a really cute play, a Christmas sing, and still learn lots of things at school. It's been a great season. And now it's time to get in gear for the big learning push from January through Easter.

Many thanks to Austin's family for all they did for us this Christmas. Many joys to them at this special time.

Please think of Mrs. St. Louis who is in Australia right now. She flew to Chicago on Saturday a.m. then off to San Francisco, and at Midnight our time, took off across the Pacific for Australia 17 hours later. Wow - that's a lady who can do that. She is visiting her family outside Sidney.

Have a blessed Christmas,

Judy

No comments: