Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Difficult Ones



Just got this email from my daughter Kate. She rescued a beautiful Siamese cat a year or so ago that had been mistreated and then left in a cage for 3 years. She has been working with this huge 20 pound cat to tame him down and make him a real pet. Like working with a naughty child, it's a daily work of art. It takes patience and understanding 24/7. I thought it was funny and nicely written, and I've included it here to put a smile on your face:

Jasper and I just had a "moment." Every day after work I put my stuff down, pet him....then we go into his room so I can give him a treat. Before he partakes of the treat, I lie down on the bed and he comes up to be petted. Today he lied down right next to me and put his head back, touching my chest and he just looked and looked at me. Of course I was telling him how handsome he was which I think he liked.

Then he got over stimulated and bit my face. But....it was nice while it lasted! LOL.

No comments: