Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday's Tattler

Good Morning and welcome to another week at the GS!

Ghost week this week. Field trip to Willard library on Friday.

We are still working on collecting leaves. If you have a tree in your yard, have your child bring a leaf for our collection.

We have a new science project budding in the pet room. Last week, I wondered why Corky and Bess did not like the nesting box I put up in their favorite spot. I ordered a book on Quaker parrots, and I learned that they are the only nest building parrots. I watched a short short on UTube called "Sparky Builds His Dream House," and realized just how wrong I had been about this wonderful bird. So this weekend, I put the horse barn in the zoo room and this week, we will introduce the children to the new nest building extravaganza we hope shortly ensues from the bird and new house.

We will put all kinds of natural nesting materials in the room for the birds with the hope that the children can watch these wonderful birds build a fabulous home.

Also this week, new shirts arrive on Thursday, so if you have not bought and want one, now is the time. They are $15.00. New students since August will automatically get a shirt on Thursday.

We will be trying some new dishes this week. Don't forget to ask your child what he has been eating at the GS. If he likes it, I will put the recipe on the blog.

If you have read this blog entry, please tell a teacher "Rumpelstiltskin" and your child gets a treasure box pass.

Have a great week!

No comments: