Sunday, October 16, 2011

Returning...


Thank you all so much for leaving a comment. It really means a lot. I've written this blog for five years and quite frankly, I didn't think anyone was reading it, so I thought I would combine the writing with my web site The Garden School of Evansville.com. Because of your comments, I will stay with the blog.

I've loved writing about early childhood for twenty years. I started as a local columnist for my newspaper and that column was syndicated by Scripps Howard. I then I spent three years at a subsidiary of NBC, again writing about children. Over the years, my work has been loved and hated across the nation. I've received wonderful fan mail and a lot of hate mail because of my work with hyperactivity. Two of my hyperactive columns were published in medical journals, and I was delighted. All of these articles are available by Googling Judy Lyden and a topic.

In one edition of a children's magazine, I was quoted fourteen times.

When I first started writing about children, one of the journalists at my newspaper said, "She won't last three months...there is just nothing to write about kids... I wrote fifteen years, and it was the only column ever syndicated by that paper.

I love writing about children, and this blog gives me that opportunity, and so have those of you who left a message. Thank you so much. And PLEASE leave a comment when you visit! Love hearing from you.

Judy

No comments: