Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Garden School Tattler


The costumes are just darling. Thanks to Mrs. St. Louis, and her nimble fingers, the kids will look darling on Friday. The play is THIS Friday, and I'm really excited. Usually, I'm a wreck off the coast of Bora Bora. This time, even with the Native American Mohican words, I think the play will be just wonderful.

It's Sunday and as usual there is so much to do. E and I hit Mass at 6:00 and it's been run, run, run since.

Last night I hit a hiatus in bread making. Miss Kelly will cringe. I've been growing an absolutely marvelous wild yeast starter and yesterday I baked San Francisco style sourdough bread and it was the best thing I've ever made. It weighed a ton, and the crust my husband said, needed a hacksaw, but it was sooooo flavorful. It's not for the kids, but if anyone is interested in this absolutely easy bread, let me know. I'll give you starter and directions.

I was so delighted to spend a beautiful afternoon with Jackie and Wilbo on Friday. We raked leaves and then made a huge pile and jumped in them. The kids just loved the raking and the jumping and the burrowing and the leaf throwing. When they were totally filthy, it was time to show them off, so we trudged down to the playground at Newburgh School. We played until dark and then came home to Miss Molly who we had for dinner. She was delicious.

This is play concentration week. All emphasis is on the play. This is a Fine Arts project, and the children will watch the backdrop go up, help set up the props, learn their lines, be measured for costumes, and sing. They will watch the whole thing come together a little at a time.

I got something special for the big girls. I got some tiny little beads for them to make jewelry. It will help with handwriting.

Thank you for all the support last week. It was a hair raising week, but we made it through. Please remember to ask grandparents to the play this Friday. It's at 3:00 p.m. and snacks follow.

No comments: