Sunday, August 09, 2009

Friday's Tattler

We had an enormously good time at Pounds this past week. It was clean, cool, and once Mr. Mike got the fire started, Miss Rhonda made some outrageously good hamburgers and hot dogs for lunch. Each child knew what he could and couldn't do, and the afternoon crept by with a lot of fun. The lake is shallow so the kids who still can't swim had a lot of room to play. The sandy part is wonderful because there is no goo on the bottom...

I noticed that some of the non swimmers really swam for the first time. Jasmin really swam her way around the lake. Jack H, who always seems to go too deep had a ball going up to his neck and scaring Miss Judy with his great big grin. He loves to go under and paddle around. Addie and Skylar and Mara and Haidyn swam out deep with the blow up toys and Emily, who is still learning to swim went with them and did a great job.

The parents who came with us were a great team and I heard one parent say, "This is a lot more fun than going to work." I could not help resorting, "Yeah, I know, and I get paid for this."

One of the children asked me as she was paddling around, "Why do we have to do field trips?" and I said, "Because Miss Judy likes them, and I'm the boss," and she got a great big grin on her face and said, "Me too." So we're agreed.

All in all a great finale to summer and a great time by all.

A great big thank you to parents who came and helped. The Garden School staff could not do this without you.

No comments: