Saturday, December 03, 2005

Blogging


I got this release with a lot of others and really thought it was quite original, so I'm publishing after I make a plug for the links on this blog in a round about way.

When I started this blog, I didn't have clue. I had read a few religious blogs, but nothing with any regularity. I read Catholic Answers sometimes and add a few comments when the mood strikes, but generally, I didn't know blog from hog.

In the past few months, I've started writing for two mega blogs - Daycare Manager and Metro Day Care. These mega blogs get 800,000 hits a month. But blogs are hungry for writers. They can get the sites, the links, the ads, and the sign ups, but they can't get people to write about childcare simply because there isn't anyone. Nobody IN the business writes consistently about childcare.

When I ask myself what I want my own blog to be about, I keep repeating the word resource. That's why the links are important. Unlike the mega blogs where day care sites are published in a kind of membership, and tips on childcare are popular, I think the most important part of early childhood is knowing what is going on in the world. I publish articles I find about other places because they're fun. I publish an occasional old column on a timely subject, and because it's a personal blog, stuff that's happening at school, because it's important to me.

I would love to tackle questions and answers - did that in the paper from time to time, but I don't get a lot of that kind of response.

Now - after this wordy diatribe, please use the links. I promise to include any anyone sends, and now for this one which is just delightful. You will find it under a new heading Christmas as well.

HALF MOON BAY, Calif., Nov. 28, 2005 -- An anonymous private family in Northern California, is proud to share with children of all ages around the world http://www.saintnick.org/ to promote spreading the spirit of Christmas and community on the Internet.

"We simply do not have as much time to contribute to our community as we would like during the holiday season," said one of the elves (speaking on the condition of anonymity).

"Instead, we decided to make http://www.saintnick.org/ an annual holiday volunteer project for our family, leveraging our creative and technical talents for others to enjoy."

"What makes http://www.saintnick.org/ unique is that it's one of the very few non-commercial Christmas Web sites on the Internet that really focuses on the true spirit of Christmas," said yet another enthusiastic elf.

About The Elves:

During the rest of the year when the elves are not creating interactive Christmas festivities for children worldwide to enjoy, the elves are working for a living in Silicon Valley.For more information e-mail santa@saintnick.org.

No comments: