Friday, February 02, 2007

The Garden School Tattler



Today is "I can do it all by myself day." It should be an eye opener and it should be fun. We are still working on Africa.

Too bad about the snow. Some of our young young children don't remember what it's like for it to snow and snow.

We will have pancakes today for breakfast. Some of you have asked about the recipe: I triple this so there are plenty.

2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
milk to desired thickness usually about 2 cups.

It's an old recipe and one you can save or add things to. For adults, add flax. walnuts and cranberries or for Saturday mornings, add those big chocolate chips. For interest add banana chunks, coconut and make your syrup strawberry (strawberry jam heated in the microwave) All these additions take seconds.

Make pancakes on a griddle if at all possible. If not, make one big one at a time in the center of a frying pan at medium high heat.

I make our maple syrup with tw0 cups sugar and one cup water and flavoring. Boil 3 minutes.

The picture I'm posting is something Susie sent me. They are new in Japan and in Italy. I think they are mmmmm. Let's say I would have been more inclined to try them in my youth. Personally, I'd rather do yoga.

No comments: