Monday, February 05, 2007

The Garden School Tattler


What a day! Calm at school, but nearly all the faculty had "issues" with one thing or another like Miss Jana who woke up to her little one throwing up and discovered that her furnace at quit working at 2:00 in the morning. Molly's husband started a new job today and on the way, his car broke down, so she had to get Snigglefritz out in the 4 degree weather a lot sooner than she had hoped.

Miss Kelly and I are going to give a workshop at the Spring 4C Conference on Cooking for children. Since I have been asked to be on the nutrition subcommittee for the United Way Early Childhood Coalition (sounds important!) I'm just going all out. I asked Miss Kelly to help because she sells Pampered Chef kitchen equipment, and I find the materials absolutely essential in working with food. So we will combine efforts and put on a great show. It's March 10.

In addition, the Garden School is sponsoring a puppet workshop in May with Mary Jo Huff. All our people are welcome to come. Dinner will be served. We will probably do this in May.

The kids were outstanding today. They politely listened to some words on Asia and in my class, practiced some handwriting techniques. Please correct your children when they begin their letters on the bottom line, or write up. Even though they get the thing looking vaguely recognizable, they really need to begin to make the letter correctly because it will all come back on them later when they can't keep up.

Today we sorted playing cards and lined them up according to number. Reading numbers is important, and the class seems to be doing very well.

We will be working with rice this week. If you have a bag of rice you don't use and would like to donate it, we'd love to have it.

If you have a copy of Ricki Ticki Tavi, please let me know.

Would anyone like to review new children's features? I get new releases from promoters because of my column on WFIE, and I would like someone with a small child to watch this stuff and tell me what they think. If anyone is interested, please let me know. I can review these things, but I want to know what the child thinks.

Maestro sends his regards.

No comments: