Monday, July 25, 2005

Navy Mothers

Every once in a while when we really think about how good we have it, we remember those people who serve us by putting their lives in jeopardy so that we can continue to live well.

A long time ago I joined an organization called Navy Mothers. I am a Navy Mother and always will be. There was a time I had two children in the Navy – one on a submarine and one on a fast frigate. It was a frightening time for me, but a time when I was especially proud of my kids.

For most of our readers, service time is a long way off for your kids, but the time will come when a son or daughter makes the decision to go into the service. The service offers some of the best life training there is.

Neither of my children went in as commissioned officers. They went to boot camp like everybody else. I can definitely say that without the service, my son Brendan would not be working in nuclear medicine building Proton Therapy units all over the world.

I’ve posted the Navy Mother’s web page in honor of all of us who have given and will rear a child who serves his country.

No comments: