Friday, July 08, 2005

Stacy Keel Wrote:

Stacy Keel wrote:

Attached is a copy of an e-mail I sent to Judy.

Stacy Keel wrote:
In the last couple of months I have really noticed a big improvement in Faith's drawing and coloring. I think she is doing great! Sometimes I don't realize how much she learns there at school until I hear her with her little friends. Last night she and Kayla (best friend from across the street) were sitting on the patio in the backyard playing "school" while Kayla's mom and I were breaking green beans. We were just listening to them and of course Faith was Ms Judy. She had an alphabet book and was explaining to the pretend kids what sound the letters made. Kayla's mom was really impressed and made the comment that Kayla's pre-school (Newburgh pre-school) was more of a socialization for the kids than an actual place of learning. I have been very pleased with what Faith has learned from your school and with the experiences she is having. I hope you enjoy her as well because you are stuck with her for awhile. All of you are doing a wonderful job and I'm glad Faith has you. She loves it there and it makes life so much easier when you know your child is happy.

I just wanted you to know that all of you are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I

Judy called earlier and apparently it was good timing because as she was sharing it with the other teachers one of the new parents came in and chewed them out about the way they did things there.

Anyway she asked my permission to post the e-mail on her blog and to give a copy to the parent that was unhappy. Just thought I would share it with all of you since you are familiar with the school.

In addition, I thought you would get a kick out of Faith's Uncle Will's comments - he usually cracks me up. I thought his comments were pretty accurate.

Humans under the age of 15 should be covered in dirt regularly, or they're not exploring enough.

Probably also applies to humans over 15 as well, of course."

A boy is a noise, with dirt on it." Same for girls, only more so.

The first time I stepped into the school there, it was abuzz withyoung scientific minds, each discovering his or her universe at his or her own pace. I stood there a while soaking it in -- our white-collar jobs are so sanitized and sterile!

Judy came up and asked what I needed; I took a while to respond and finally said "What a WONDERFUL noise." She was glad to hear it, but added that I'm one of the few who thinks so.

The purpose of having kids is NOT for the convenience and comfortof the parent. (At least not until they can do chores, of course. :)

Stacy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey -- interesting to see my comments online! and you even capitalized everything Just So...

in case you don't know about formatting tags, i thought i'd send you a flare: you can make things <i>italic</i> or <b>bold</b> to set them off -- it'll help readers identify where a quoted passage starts and stops.

:)

i'd also use <blockquote> if it's available (and </blockquote> to end a quoted section), but blogger.com won't let us comment-posters to use it. :(

Anonymous said...

It helps that Stacy is such a wonderful mom!!!