Thursday, October 13, 2005

The Garden School Tattler


Anger is one of the eleven passions, and everyone has a right to it. Anger, when it is righteous, is a good thing. I'm enjoying righteous anger as I write.

Today was peaceful until one of our parents arrived in tears with her mother. She asked, "What have I done wrong?"

"Huh?" I felt a little like a yesterday's child.

"The welfare department called me and told me to bring all three of my children. They wouldn't tell me why; did I do something wrong, am I going to lose my children?"

"Errrrrrrrrrr, grrrrrr, many mumbling mice."

We explained about the cat. She stopped crying and relaxed.

Apparently, the woman at the welfare department is calling all our parents and demanding that our parents take time from work and children from school, to spend time and money to do HER investigation. Give me a break. It's HER investigation, not yours. You are not responsible to take time off from your job to keep HER hours especially over a cat. It is your business whether you want your child speaking to her.

****
The rest of the day went splendidly. Molly is having another baby. We are all very excited. Here's the rub; if the child is a boy, I get another one after the third boy. If the child is a girl, she might be inclined to quit. So it's a toss up.

Ty was really good today. That's a huge positive. We are so proud of him. He's a chip of the old block!

We did sticks today. We played sticks to coronation music. The kids really liked trying to do beats.

We worked on the four directions in geography today. They are learning the states' names with alacrity.

We had roast pork, noodles and cheese, oranges and grapes, salad, bread and milk for lunch. Tomorrow we will have lasagna, salmon, and fruit and salad about noon.

Miss Stacey did a great art project today. She made eclectic giraffes.

No comments: